Sunday, April 11, 2010

Presentation Notes

-Lorena-
I think there's a lot of good ideas here.  However, I think this (China / freedom) is a very broad subject and I'd make sure I tied this into reading material we've used over the semester.  No sense having to find all new material to cite your paper with.  Make sure you clearly state your argument and think about what it is that you are going to argue.  I wasn't entirely clear on what you were going to be arguing.

-Sheila-
I think you're on to something here.  I would have to agree with Julie's state about sticking with Club Penguin.  You base your entire paper on how they try hard not to propogate gender identities, but the users end up doing it anyways.  I think your on the money.

-Corrinda -
Education through gaming is a fantastic topic to explore.  Since you're not doing a traditional paper, I can't give you too much feedback on how to write a lesson plan (I've never done it), but I'd make sure that it's as specific as possible.  There's a lot of material that could throw it off, so focus, focus, focus would be my advice.

-Kathy- -
Loved the concept, and I was onto something similar but Julie advised me that it was way too broad.  My recommendation would be to pick a single event and then use material from class to back it up.  It could be really easy to get tripped up and go on tangents.  Make sure you make an argument, and prove your point in the essay.  Stay specific and on target.

No comments:

Post a Comment